Homepage > Asia > Content of article

US media: Saudi Arabia "ready to admit" missing journalist died in trial

The latest report on the disappearance of the Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi.

According to CNN's local time on October 15, two sources said that Saudi Arabia is preparing a report that will acknowledge that Hasselgi died in a failed trial.

Before, the Saudi side has always denied the death of Hassuke.

A source said that the report may admit that the trial was conducted without approval or opacity, and the relevant personnel will be held accountable.

Another source said that the report was still in preparation and was warned that the situation might change.

It is reported that Saudi Arabia will transfer the responsibility for death from Crown Prince Salman to Saudi special workers, saying that the death of the reporter was unintentional, caused by the poor actions of the agents, and was not authorized by the government.

A few days earlier, a source told the New York Times that an official of the Saudi intelligence service, who happened to be a friend of Crown Prince Salman, carried out the murder.

Prince Salman has approved the trial of Hazsuri or extradited him back to Saudi Arabia. However, because the incompetence of the intelligence officer led to the tragedy, he said that the official was anxious to prove himself.

On the evening of the 15th, CNN reporters saw Turkish investigators entering the Saudi consulate in Istanbul. A Turkish insider told CNN that Saudi officials approved the search.

The Saudi correspondent Hasjiji is also a commentator on the Washington Post and often criticizes Saudi policy. On October 2, local time, he disappeared after entering the Saudi consulate in Istanbul.

Turkey believes that as soon as he walks in, he is detained and killed. He also said that he has mastered video and audio evidence.

However, Saudi Arabia initially resolutely denied that the claim that Suhaji was killed was unfounded. Later, he slammed his mouth and did not comment on reports that the US and Turkish media accused Hasughi of being trapped in the consulate.

This time, the United States seems to have never given the hardcore ally to Saudi Arabia. US President Trump has also rarely threatened to punish Saudi Arabia.

On the morning of the 15th, Trump said on Twitter that he had already called the Saudi King Salman on the matter and will immediately send Secretary of State Pompeo to see Salman.

The day he told reporters: Although the Saudi King firmly denied that he understood this matter... In my opinion, (killing Hasughi) may be 'rogue killers'. Who knows? We will try to find out the truth of the matter. He says.

Latest International News